Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Hilary Storm Interview


About this author


Hilary Storm lives with her high school sweetheart and three children in Enid, Oklahoma. She drives her husband crazy talking about book characters everyday like they are real people. She graduated from Southwestern Oklahoma State University with an MBA in Accounting and has a full time job as an accountant. Her passions include being a mom, writing, reading, photography, music, mocha coffee, and spending time with friends and family. She is the author of the Amazon Best Selling 'Rebel Walking' series. Book one: 'In a Heartbeat' was released June 2013, Book two: 'Heaven Sent' was released in September 2013.

Social Links

Facebook: 
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hilary-Storm-Author/492152230844841

Webpage: http://www.hilarystormwrites.com

Twitter: @hilary_storm


Interview!!
  
KATR: Why did you decide to start writing?

Hilary: I started writing because one day my twelve year old daughter came home from school devastated. She had written a story and shared it with her friends. One of them told her that she could never be an author. I told her that we don't let anyone tell us what we can do. If we want to be an author we Make It Happen. I asked her who is the last person in the world she would think could become an author. She said me because I'm too busy. So I became an author to prove that we can do anything we put in our minds!


KATR: What's hardest part of being Indie author?

Hilary: Definitely promotions. It's so hard to network and keep up the marketing aspect when you are trying to write the next novel. 


KATR: Advice to someone thinking of self publishing?
Hilary: My advice is to get out there early and reach out to another indie author. Get into groups that authors are in. Research everything!!!


KATR: Who or what author has inspired you?
Hilary: My first inspiration was Jamie McGuire. We are from the same town and I thought you know what, I can do this. Take a simple story, make the guys hot, and have strong females! I liked the writing style of Abbi Glines and Jessica Sorenson.


KATR: How do you get over writer's block?
Hilary: I take a HOT shower and blare music. I have a shower playlist that gets me past most of my blocks. If this fails I go to my coffee shop! Cafe' Davinci's has been my writing cave for probably half of these first two books!


KATR: Do you listen to music while you write?
Hilary: Yes I listen to music constantly! It keeps the outside world away from me!


KATR: Who is your favorite book boyfriend?
Hilary: My fav book boyfriend is Caleb. Why on Earth do I love the man who kidnapped a girl to sell as a sex slave?? Because I fell for him hard! CJ Roberts mind f$&%ed me and I will ALWAYS remember that series! That is huge because I read a lot!


KATR: What made you write about a rock band?
Hilary: My husband was a drummer. And that's just hot as hell!

KATR: What made you decide romance vs another genre like mystery?
Hilary: Because I like to read romance! That was simple! I love that just falling in love feeling!!







No comments:

Post a Comment